[SASAG] Open SysAdmin position at DigiPen Institute of Technology
atom.powers at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:36:59 PDT 2007
You can contact me directly at this address or apowers at digipen.edu if
you are interested. Also feel free to forward this to anybody you
think might be interested. The "requirements" listed below are all
soft, but it is still a Lev2 SysAdmin position.
The primary role for this technical position is to manage the computer
lab environment and assist with the configuration and support of all
servers. This includes software management, software deployment,
and trouble-shooting in an academic environment. This position is part
of the IT team and will work directly with them to identify and
resolve problems; this often means writing and updating software
management tools and software packages.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Oversee the day-to-day activities of the IT help desk.
* Be the escalation point for first level support to resolve
* Responsibility for overseeing the trouble ticket system, ensuring
tickets are properly generated, assigned, updated, and resolved.
* Periodically perform trend analysis of system behavior and plan
remedial steps where appropriate.
* Identify process improvements and changes to the Help Desk
organization and environment, including identification and resolution
of persistent or recurring problems.
* Participate in the implementation of new technology, including
related testing and system update activities.
* Support and improve the software deployment infrastructure, including
software updates and patches.
* Assist in drafting policies and documenting procedures.
* Participate in the development and implementation of support
tools and applications.
* Assist with server and application maintenance, including a rotating
* The ability to provide technical support over the phone and in person;
good personal skills, professional demeanor.
* The ability to compose technical documents in an easily accessible format;
good writing skills.
* Have excellent problem solving skills.
* The ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
* Have a in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Have a working knowledge of FreeBSD and/or Linux operating systems.
* Have a practical familiarity with various scripting languages including
perl, php, ruby and MS windows scripting languages.
* Familiarity with cfEngine, puppet, Request Tracker, Unattended, and
* Familiarity with Cisco the ability to live through a berating by
is a double bonus.
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
More information about the Members