[SASAG] Open SysAdmin Positions
atom.powers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:16:09 PDT 2007
I have two open positions for Systems Administrators. (SAGE level 1-2)
I have some specific skill sets that I need, but not specific
positions or job duties.
These jobs are in Redmond, WA; across the street from Nintendo Of
America headquarters. (http://www.digipen.edu/)
Feel free to re-post and/or forward this information. If you, or
anybody you know, would like more information please contact me at
apowers at digipen.edu.
The primary role for these technical positions is to assist with the
configuration and support of all IT services. This includes software
management, software deployment, and trouble-shooting in an academic
environment. These positions are part of the IT team and will work
directly with us to identify and resolve problems.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Participate in the day-to-day activities of the IT help desk.
* Be an escalation point for first level support to resolve
* Participate in overseeing the trouble ticket system, ensuring
tickets are properly generated, assigned, updated, and resolved.
* Periodically perform trend analysis of system behavior and plan
remedial steps where appropriate.
* Identify process improvements and changes to the Help Desk
organization and environment, including identification and resolution
of persistent or recurring problems.
* Participate in the implementation of new technology, including
related testing and system update activities.
* Support and improve the software deployment infrastructure, including
software updates and patches.
* Assist in drafting policies and documenting procedures.
* Participate in the development and implementation of support
tools and applications.
* Assist with server and application maintenance, including a rotating
* Participate in the specification, design, deployment, and support of
all current and future IT services.
* The ability to provide technical support over the phone and in person;
good personal skills, professional demeanor.
* The ability to compose technical documents in an easily accessible
format; good writing skills.
* Have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to apply those
skills in an extensible and supportable way.
* The ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
* Have a working knowledge of any BSD/SysV based operating systems.
* Have a practical familiarity with various scripting languages possibly
including perl, php, ruby and MS windows scripting languages.
* Familiarity with any of cfEngine, puppet, Request Tracker, Unattended,
and OpenLDAP preferred.
* Familiarity with Cisco gear and the ability to live through a berating
by irate faculty for bonus points.
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
More information about the Members