[SASAG] FW: UNIX System Engineer at Wetpaint
webbn at acm.org
Tue Sep 25 11:38:33 PDT 2007
FYI... feel free to let me know a more appropriate place to post this. I
have heard good things about this company, seems to be a semi-recent
On September 18, 2007, Katherine Smith <katherine at wetpaint.com> wrote:
If you have a moment, I'd appreciate your help. Please take a look and
forward this job on to anyone you think would be interested in the position,
or anyone else who could help me find a great candidate.
Thanks for your help!
Job Title: UNIX System Engineer
Description: Wetpaint is looking for an experienced System Engineer to lead
efforts to scale and refine its production environment as traffic and
utilization grow. The System Engineer is very comfortable with most aspects
of the Unix operating system: paging/swapping, inter-process communication,
devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and
superblock. Working closely with the development team, our UNIX Sys Admin
will focus on improving our systems and building support documentation. As a
result of your proven Linux systems admin background you will have sound
troubleshooting/scripting skills and will be competent in providing 2nd line
support when required, writing clear technical documentation, and installing
software on an ad hoc basis.
The ideal candidate is a team-focused person with a strong sense of
ownership and a desire to pitch in at every level, work odd hours, and
innovate in order to deliver a superior product.
1. Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network
2. Propose configuration and implement solutions to enhance and/or
troubleshoot the system.
3. Assist to define and coordinate vendor purchase requirements.
4. Perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
5. Responsible for managing server/network backup solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. BS in Computer Science or related field.
2. 4 – 6 years experience with UNIX systems administration.
3. Proficient scripting skills in Shell, PHP, or Perl.
4. Demonstrated technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
5. Experience in a fast-paced production service environment.
6. Superior communication and collaboration.
7. Experience running high-traffic web services, including requirements and
capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
8. Strong understanding of IP networking, iptables, Firewall configuration,
9. Experience administrating Apache, Postfix, Squid.
10. SQL experience a plus, MySQL a big plus.
11. Some experience with Enterprise Java, Tomcat, Ruby a plus.
Wetpaint is an Equal Opportunity Employer *LinkedIn Jobs* • Forward this
• Reply to Adam
• Reply to the job
This email was sent to you by Adam Phillabaum (adam.phillabaum at gmail.com)
through LinkedIn because Adam Phillabaum thought you might be interested in
this job opening or know people who would be interested in applying.
If you wish to change how you receive future job notifications, please click
If you have any questions, please contact customer_service at linkedin.com.
(c) 2007, LinkedIn Corporation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members