[SASAG] [Job Opportunity] Unix Systems Engineer
tfredericks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:39:52 PST 2009
Getty Images has an opening for an experienced Unix/Open Systems Engineer
supporting our production and development infrastructure.
- Support the corporate strategic goals with UNIX and Linux based
- Participate in the design of and adherence to the global information
- Interface with other technology groups for problem resolution where
- Provide technical engineering support for the implementation,
integration, administration and evolution of complex systems architectures.
- Assist and support the resolution of cross platform integration
- Provide systems statistical trending and analysis, application
performance monitoring, server capacity and threshold testing, systems
documentation, maintenance, and the development, analysis and evaluation of
new systems designs and technical optimization tactics.
- Provide third level support.
- Coordinate on-going operations with I.S. management team and staff.
- Provide 7x24 on call support on a rotating basis.
- Work with vendors on new equipment/software.
- Travel when necessary.
- Experience with Solaris on a variety of Sun hardware up to and
including Solaris 10.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage.
- Experience with volume manager concepts and support.
- Past responsibility for supporting Unix/Linux based application
- 6+ years demonstrated work experience in Operations/Engineering for
large-scale enterprise environments.
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Scripting experience (both Perl & shell scripting).
- Experience with VMware in a production environment.
For more information see http://www.gettyimagesjobs.com/ position: G-SEA
9245 Open Systems Engineer
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's
money" -- Margaret Thatcher
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members