[SASAG] Network Security Engineer job opening
darren at bolding.org
Fri Nov 20 19:45:00 PST 2009
Intelius has a position open for a Network Security Engineer or Senior
Network Security Engineer.
The job description is below. If you are interested in the position, please
e-mail jobs at intelius.com.
-- Darren Bolding --
-- darren at bolding.org --
Job Announcement – Network Engineering
Senior Network Security Engineer
Intelius is looking for an experienced senior network security engineer to
help maintain and expand the network security infrastructure in our
corporate offices and production datacenters.
Intelius maintains a large infrastructure to support our online e-commerce
sites that are the core of our business. This position is within the
Network Engineering team that is responsible for keeping that infrastructure
constantly connected and secure. As a result, this is an excellent
opportunity for an experienced security engineer to work with interesting
and innovative technologies in a large production environment where the
consequences of success and failure are significant. It is also a great
opportunity for a technical security engineer to continue developing their
security process, auditing and policy experience as well as grow their
general networking expertise.
One thing about this position that sets it apart from other security
positions is the opportunity to develop custom tools and scripts to monitor,
analyze and respond to events and output from dedicated security
is not a position to just drive firewalls and IDS's. This is a position to
manage security systems and write the tools to automate and improve the use
of those systems as well as integrate them with our internal monitoring and
This is a senior position, requiring excellent existing knowledge and
experience combined with demonstrated excellence taking ownership of
problems, leading projects, transferring knowledge and innovating. The
ideal candidates are fast learners with a true passion for building and
maintaining a scalable and secure infrastructure to support our company’s
If you are up to the challenge, then come join us. You won't be bored.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls, Intrusion Detection, VPN
appliances, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis, security
change tracking and other network security systems and devices.
- Review requests for increased network access and provide risk-analysis.
- Deliver, maintain and improve security awareness training.
- Coordinate with business and development teams to further integrate
security into application and product designs.
- Research and design solutions to technical and business problems.
- Investigate and deploy open-source and commercial tools to enhance
security at Intelius through better detection, correlation, review and
- Develop custom scripts/programs to provide security information and to
integrate security tools with existing Intelius monitoring infrastructure.
- Use security tools to audit infrastructure, detect issues and
coordinate remediation of any issues.
- Follow, develop and improve network and security configuration
- Stay abreast of security concerns/issues and regularly update network
engineering and operations leadership.
- Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the
- BS degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience with IP networking and security
devices. Must include significant design, deployment and troubleshooting
- Expert level knowledge of firewalls and access lists.
- Significant experience with Linux or other Unix-like systems.
- Experience writing shell and Perl/PHP/Python scripts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and time management
- Demonstrated ability to tackle projects without prior experience in the
Additionally, successful candidates will possess several or all of the
- A thorough understanding of TCP/IP protocol analysis, use of tools such
as tcpdump, ethereal and other analysis tools.
- Experience with Load Balancers and traffic-management.
- Experience with open-source network monitoring, security scanning,
intrusion detection systems.
- Familiarity with VoIP technologies desirable, Nortel a plus.
- Experience with 802.11 wireless enterprise deployments, including
security and scanning.
- Significant experience with IDP, Vulnerability Assessment, SEIM and
other security infrastructure.
- Experience laying out, designing and managing physical infrastructure
for datacenters such as power circuits, UPS’s, physical monitoring.
- Experience working with external security auditors.
- Experience teaching classes to end-users or mentoring other staff.
- Experience managing AAA systems using TACACS, RADIUS, LDAP or similar
- Understanding of network-access-control technologies and deployment
- Experience responding to security incidents, network forensics.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members