[SASAG] Job Opening: Bellevue, TGT Linux Admin
tfredericks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:49:51 PST 2011
I have an immediate opening for the following:
Linux System Administrator
· Performs installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment, and
administration of Linux operating system and hardware.
· Coordinates OS version upgrades, software fixes, and preventative
maintenance to minimize risk and service disruptions.
· Develops standards, guidelines, and procedures for implementation
and support of UNIX computing infrastructure.
· Considers integration of UNIX services with balance IT
infrastructure and support teams.
· Resolves highly complex availability, capacity, and performance
· Implements automation procedures and tools to optimize staff and
computing resources and their availability.
· Collaborates with database administrators and application support
staff to design and provision services, and troubleshoot problems.
· Provides after-hours and weekend support as needed.
· May act as team leader in project planning and implementation at an
advanced technical level.
· Schedules and stewards project resources and deliverables.
· Designs and administers security access.
· Leads efforts in periodic audits and security risk assessments.
· Works independently with some latitude for un-reviewed action or
· Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less
Education and Experience
· Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer
Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study, and eight or
more of years previous UNIX experience.
· Experience with java servlet engines (tomcat)
· Virtualization experience (vmware or xen)
· configuration mgmt software (puppet, cfengine, chef)
· Expert in Linux with knowledge in RedHat.
· Proficient in UNIX security vulnerabilities and remediation.
Preferred experience with:
· Red Hat Linux.
Oracle database technology.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Members